3rd Accessible Izmir International Congress
November 1 – 3, 2018
“NEW PRODUCTION MODELS AND EMPLOYMENT FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES”
Accessible Izmir Congress - which enables Izmir to be the leader city in Turkey in ensuring access for people with disabilities - will be held for the third time this year between the dates of November 1 and 3, 2018. It is our pleasure to invite you to the Accessible Izmir 2018 International Congress that will be hosted by Izmir Metropolitan Municipality with the organization of İZFAŞ.
The first Congress was held in 2013 with the theme of “Urban Problems and Solutions for People with Disabilities". The targeted outcome of this first Congress has been “Red Flag Project” and the project serves to promote accessibility to public and private buildings in İzmir as the first and the only practice in Turkey. The theme of the 2nd Congress, held in 2016, was “Local Policies Oriented to Enhance the Participation of People with Disabilities to Social Life”. The outcome of this Congress was the establishment of “Izmir Disability Awareness Center” which is the unique center in Turkey as a very successful best practice. The third Congress will provide a very fruitful environment to discuss the various aspects of “New Production Models and Employment for people with Disabilities.”
Theme of the Congress has been determined after a series of meetings with the participation of representatives from nongovernmental organizations, trade associations, universities and public institutions sharing their ideas and suggestions. As the valuable output of the common mind of these initial activities, main theme of 2018 Accessible İzmir Congress has been identified as “New Production Models and Employment for People With Disabilities”.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CONGRESS
The principal objective of Accessible Izmir 2018 Congress is to seek the opportunities to realize achievable and applicable employment models in İzmir by evaluating the existing production models and promoting innovative practices towards the new horizons and barrier-free life conditions for employment of people with disabilities.
TOPICS OF ACCESSIBLE IZMIR 2018 INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS
- Areas of profession for different disabilities (Job analysis)
- New / supported production models
- Occupational health and safety for people with disabilities
- Gender and employment of people with disabilities
- Paradigm shift on the employment of people with disabilities
- Communication with people with disabilities in the workplace
- Job satisfaction and efficiency for people with disabilities
- Vocational rehabilitation in employment of people with disabilities
- Strategies in the employment of people with disabilities and Municipalities
- Strategies in the employment of people with disabilities and Public Institutions
- Vocational training in the employment of people with disabilities
- Information and communication technologies and employment of people with disabilities
- Best practices of production models in employment of people with disabilities
- Successful practices of self-employment and enterprises of people with disabilities
Congress presentations will be in oral, poster and workshop sessions. There will be a call for abstracts and accepted abstracts reviewed by the Scientific Committee will be assigned to oral or poster sessions. Nationally and internationally acknowledged expert keynote speakers will also be invited to the Congress. In addition, a fruitful and creative environment will be established through workshops. Full text paper of the accepted abstracts and posters, reports of workshops and photos will be published in the symposium book.
- Deadline for the submission of abstracts, posters and workshop summary: June 15, 2018
- Announcement of accepted abstracts: August 20, 2018
- Submission of the full texts of the abstracts: September 14, 2018
Conditions of Application
Submissions will be accepted only through e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for the submission of abstracts, poster presentations and workshop proposals (except for the keynote speakers) is June 15, 2018.
Abstracts will be reviewed by Scientific Committee.
The submission form should be filled according to the choice of application (oral presentation, poster presentation or workshop proposal)
Upon the condition of presenting more than one abstract, poster or workshop, the applicants are expected to send them separately.
Accepted abstracts will be announced on our website on August 20, 2018.
The abstracts should be no more than 250 words and are expected to contain summary in Turkish and in English, the title, maximum 5 key words (Turkish and English) and information about the writer (i.e. name, institution, e-mail etc).
Participation to the Congress is free of charge.